World Read Aloud Day was lovely, but past. But I can do virtual visits to your class on other days similar to my World Read Aloud Day visits. Short visits are FREE. You’ll find contact info in the footer.
LitWorld founded World Read Aloud Day to “celebrate the power of reading aloud, to create community, to amplify new stories, and to advocate for literacy as a foundational human right.” You can link to many WRAD resources here. Some sources will be updated in the new year.
Here’s the FORMAT. WRAD visits are simple, short, and sweet. They follow the below forma
· 1-2 minutes: I’ll introduce myself and talk a little about my books.
· 3-5 minutes: I’ll read and show illustrations from one of my books More info about my books can be found here.
· 5-10 minutes: I’ll answer questions from students about reading/writing or topics related to my books.
· 1-2 minutes: I’ll share a book I love (but didn’t write) as a recommendation that students and teachers might love, too.
I offer free, SHORT Zoom author visits with your class. To enquire, please Click HERE
- Your name and what grade(s) you work with
- Your city and time zone (this is important for scheduling!)
- Possible times to connect on February 2nd. Please note authors’ availability and time zones. Adjust accordingly if yours is different!
- Your preferred platform (Zoom, Skype, Google Meet, etc.)
- A phone number where you can be reached on that day in case of technical issues
For even more information please visit Kate Messenner on World Read Aloud Day with a list participating authors.
I look forward to meeting you and your students! Thanks for welcoming me into your classroom! Sign Up by contacting me HERE.
Thank you for confirming our 11am (EST) WRAD 2022 time-slot. Our 4th graders will be very excited!
I will email you my book choice soon 🙂
~ Helen ~